Thursday, November 17

3egin 6rand 0pening

    Turns out that all the Mountain Dew, misc. contest winners and major video game review / hardware companies have received their Xbox 360s for initial disassembly... You may check out Anandtech (known for their their in depth hardware reviews, tutorials, and Hot Deals forum) or electronics guru The Soft Life's blog that goes in-depth on the TSOP chip... As any veteran Xbox modder knows, "...the TSOP was used by Microsoft on the original Xbox (revisions 1.0 through 1.5) to store the bootstrap code. ....The modchip effectively replaced/bypassed the on-board TSOP, with a user friendly and writable method of negating Microsoft security code."... With any luck, the ability to mod the 360 won't be far away... With such a large community... such a large community... large community, it should be a faster process than Xbox 1.0...

    Well, I'll be heading out to the Audioslave / Seether / some other band (I forgot) concert tomorrow in Long Beach... The wife wanted to go see it, so I guess that means that I do as well :) ... Don't quite understand the purpose of concerts to begin with... Like movies, they really serve no purpose other than a few hours away from the home in a very crowded, very expensive 'arena'... If I want to hear music by a band, I'll save the $60 used for the concert tickets, and purchase every cd they produced so I can listen to them as many times as I like... However, being married also means that I forgot how to make decisions for myself - i.e. what to wear, what to eat, where to go for tonight's entertainment, political standpoints, and local issues... Good thing too, cuz I'd probably be in jail by now from all the stupid ideas that pop in my head... I'll post pictures manana...

... PEAS!

3 comments:

Phronk said...

You ungrateful bastard. I'd give three left nuts to see Audioslave live. There's something about seeing a good band live that you simply can't get with a CD. And when you're 70 years old, and you hear about Audioslave dying (yep, all of them), then you can say to your kids "hey, I saw Audioslave before they all died!" Then your kids will say "who the hell is Audioslave? We're taking you back to the home now."

But uh...yeah...you're lucky.

I too am looking forward to the fun things which can be done with a hacked Xbox 360. I've never had the balls to modify my own systems, but I was amazed at what some people accomplished.

Harry J. Sachz said...

Yeah, I guess I am ungrateful... Just not a fan of live performances I guess... Crowded places of any kind always piss me off.. You can never believe the amount of stupid shit people in mass quantaties can do..

It was a good show though... They played old Soundgarden and Rage songs too... Plus they were on the stage forever... I really had to pee, but I didn't want to miss the next song... However, Chris Cornell doesn't have the voice to do RATM songs justice - very disappointed...

Phronk said...

Yeah. To be honest, I'm enjoying concerts less as I get older. By the end my feet hurt from standing all day, and I wish I was in some concert hall sitting down instead of avoiding being trampled in a mosh pit. A good rock concert still has its moments though.

That's very cool that they did old songs from both former bands. I can't even imagine Cornell doing the rap thing in old Rage songs...it probably wouldn't be entirely pleasant. It's the thought that counts I guess.