Friday, July 7

Best Buy is Crap?.. The hell you say..!

    Man, when I was a teenager, I would love nothing more than to visit my local technology shops, they were my equivalent of a strip club... Growing up in southern Caleeforn-ya, there are many to choose from - Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, Sam Goody, The Good Guys, etc... I often commented that I would love nothing more than to take a mattress and move into the back of Best Buy and live there until I grew old and retarded - be the weird guy in the computer department...

    Well, the more I learn about electronics, the more I realize that Best Buy isn't for us geeks... For those that have a clue, or those that just do their research, their stocks aren't exactly what you would call "good" or even "worthwhile"... Of course, this doesn't apply to ALL their products, I'll leave the Video Games / Dvds / Mice / Wires / simple purchases out of this conversation... They carry generic products, have horribly undertrained / unintelligent staff, and 'treat their customers like commodities' - to quote Leo... Anyone that has a geek friend will know enough to stay away from 'brick and mortor' stores like Best Buy and head towards the more competitive online marketplace... I have 3 buddies that (have) work(ed) at Best Buy, and can't stop talking about how shitty they are...

    Opinions like ours aren't completely random either, and most are taken to harsh, sometimes violent extremes... Check out:

- Best Buy Sux
- I Hate Best Buy

    I recommend:http://www.bestbuysux.org/html/cust6-06.html, the "Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:59:01 +0900" story... good read...

3 comments:

Brad said...

Yes, I agree that Best Buy sucks for all but the most simple purchases. However, I disagree about staying away from brick-and-mortar stores entirely. There's a store called The Chip Merchant down here in San Diego that is awesome for the more nitty-gritty purchases like RAM, motherboards, and the like.

Harry J. Sachz said...

yeah, stores like that, ones that cater to the more 'tech savvy' crowd are awesome... up here though, we only have the high brow stores that sell to the rich old retirees that only use the black boxes to show off how much money they have... there are a few PC Clubs in this area - but they are worse than crap...

however, i'm not saying stay away from ALL physical stores, because Fry's and stores like your 'Chip Merchant' are great; but online retailers bring upon a better shopping experience... You can view comparable items, find multiple reviews, do product research, read a copy of the manual, enter in coupons, and shop around in various stores all within minutes of each other and without ignorant teenager on commission bothering you with "help"... I for one: choose online stores

BrockFuckingSamson said...

Best Buy sucks for any purchase other than some dvd, cd or even perhaps a video game or two.

They have nothing in terms of audio gear even worth the gas money spent to drive to a best buy. No computer gear worth while either. For dishwasher, ovens, washers, dryers etc. just go to Lowes, Home Depot or any other large hardware store. I would perhaps consider a tv, but that is even worth looking for a place online for one.